Minnesota State Seal, Minnesota Unemployment Insurance
  Employer Self-Service     Log Off  
* Indicates Required Field

Who Needs to Register?

Employers need to register for a UI Employer Account when they pay wages for employment covered by UI law in Minnesota.

Employers may have to register with the Minnesota Department of Revenue for withholding tax and with the Minnesota Secretary of State before registering here for a UI Employer Account Number.

For additional information about whether or not you need to complete this registration process, click on Frequently asked questions.

Necessary Information
To successfully complete registration, you may need the following pieces of information:

Type of legal entity

DBA Name (Doing Business As)

Name of legal entity as registered with the Secretary of State (if registration required)

FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number)

Minnesota Department of Revenue Tax ID Number, e-Services User Name, e-Services Password

State and date of incorporation or formation

Date that covered employees first performed services

Date the employer issued their first paycheck to a covered employee in Minnesota

Owner/Officer information: SSN or FEIN, % of ownership

Agent ID (if applicable)

Primary business activity performed in Minnesota

Number of covered employees in Minnesota


For the definition of any of these terms, click on Frequently Asked Questions.

Beginning a New UI Registration
The employer being registered currently has a Minnesota Unemployment Insurance account and is reporting a change of legal entity.


Accessibility | Privacy Statement | Viewing Tips | Questions or Inquiries